Saturday, April 5, 2008

Goodbyes

I only have 9 more days until departure, and things are beginning to feel 'final'. The goodbyes started last weekend at a friend's wedding. Today was my last day of work (more goodbyes). Tonight was my last night in Columbus, and despite the low-key plan (thrifting and dinner with a friend), I found myself victim to my first surprise party, a despedida. Even complete with cake. In fact, it was chocolate one with 'We'll miss you Janell' written in frosting. Luckily, there was no singing, but I still got teary-eyed. It is hard to leave such great friends.

I apologize for such a depressing first entry. I'll do better in the future. Goodbyes are just hard.

1 comment:

Mike @ TrialbyFood said...

Depressing?! Thats not depressing at all. And admit it, despite hating me a little for duping you into going to your surprise party, you love me all the same for it as well. Just make sure you keep posting :) Oh, and one more thing...no water borne diseases!!